This fortification was built on the ruins of an old Dutch position, dating back to the eve of the second of the Dutch Invasions of Brazil, abandoned in 1654. It is located to the north of the island of Fernando de Noronha, in the archipelago of the same name, in the state of Pernambuco. , in Brazil. In a dominant position on the anchorage in the bay of Santo Antônio, it constituted the main defense structure of the island and the archipelago.
WHY THIS PLACE
This fortress received a major restoration work, and today it has the structure to be able to eventually host a wedding celebration.
• The fort has an area of 6,300 square meters, rising 45 meters above sea level
• It is listed by the National Historical and Artistic Heritage Institute