The construction of the catholic Hamar Cathedral, Norway, started in 1152 by Bishop Arnaldur and was completed in 1200. It was the seat of the Norwegian national episcopate until 1536, when it was transferred to Oslo, which coincided with the beginning of its decline. In 1567 it was destroyed by the Swedes during the Nordic Seven Years' War and only a few arches remained.
WHY THIS PLACE
In 1998, its ruins became the object of one of the most ambitious architectural projects carried out by the Norwegian government: the construction of an impressive roof in steel and crystal, to protect the remains of the old cathedral and preserve it for future generations. The structure is known as Double Cathedral. Today the ruins of Hamar Cathedral are part of the Hedmark Archaeological Museum (Hedmarksmuseet). Used for masses and concerts. A perfect and original combination of ancient and modern architecture, for an absolutely bold wedding.
In Romanesque style, with successive incorporations in Gothic style, it was built at the highest point of the city, to constitute a reference point, visible from a great distance, for the navigators of Lake Mjøsa.