It is located in the Ipanema National Forest, the largest in the state of São Paulo, just 120 km from the capital. Here you go back to the 19th century visiting the ruins of the Real Fábrica de Ferro and getting to know a little more about imperial Brazil. The Ipanema National Forest houses ruins of the São João de Ipanema foundry, cradle of national metallurgy.
WHY THIS PLACE
Casa das Armas Brancas is a huge building that was used to manufacture and store weapons used even in the Paraguayan War. The first anniversary of the majority of D. Pedro II, in 1841, is marked by the foundry of a portico and the construction of a turret, which hosted him on the four visits he made to Ipanema, as well as, in 1871, Princess Isabel and the Conde d'Eu, who went to the Factory in gratitude for the efforts of the workers in the manufacture of ammunition and bladed weapons for the Paraguayan War.
The Casa das Armas Brancas housed the workshops for this production, but it only took on its final form in 1886. The Blast Fornos de Mursa, which never came into operation, were completed in 1885.